VLC Beta (NEON version) v0.0.4
Requirements By Download Apk Files | Android Apps | Android Market | Androidappsel.blogspot.com: Android 2.1+
Overview: VLC is a free and open source cross-platform multimedia player that plays most multimedia files as well as discs, devices, and network streaming protocols.
This is a BETA version of the port to the Android™ platform. It is intended for power users and hackers. This version is NOT stable and is slower than the final version.
It might kill your kitten, destroy your house and start the mayan apocalypse.
Use it at your own risk. Have Fun!
This version is ONLY for devices with a CPU ARMv7 that will support NEON. Other devices will be supported by other applications, very soon.
VLC for Android™ plays most local video and audio files, as well as network streams, like the desktop version of VLC.
VLC for Android has a media library for audio and video files, and allows to browse folders directly.
VLC has support for multi-track audio and subtitles. It supports auto-rotation, aspect-ratio adjustements and gestures to control volume.
It also includes a widget for audio control, supports audio headsets control, covert art and a complete audio media library.
As this is an early BETA version, a lot of things are not finished, but will change for the final release:
• The basic User Interface will change;
• Performance improvements are missing;
• Some audio issues might occur;
• Hardware decoding works only with a limited set of hardware;
• Other unknown issues.
• It needs hardware control, in order to change the audio volume;
• It needs phone calls control, in order to pause the music when someone is calling;
• It needs full Internet access to open network streams;
• It needs to be able to read logs, during the beta version, to understand the issues;
• It needs to get access to the SD card storage, in order to allow deletion of files.
What’s in this version:
This is the fourth beta available of VLC for Android.
The new beta improves slightly the UI, increases speed and stability, adds Intel support, brings a few features and many fixes from the previous betas.
It fixes many crashes and issues (Nexus 7, ICS/JB, mp4, track selection) and adds Opus support.
The UI now has a sliding menu, an history log, playback speed change and ringtone setup. Gestures for brightness and seeking have been added.
Finally, a lot of new translations have been added.
This app has no advertisements